Cargo bicycles goes all the way back to the early 20 century
Picture this: you have backpacks, and you need to get groceries on the way home. Or maybe this: you work in the trades, you bring tools to work every day, you have to travel a lot between jobs, and you live and work in a hilly area. Short John cargo bicycle by Velorbis is the answer.
Cargo bicycles goes all the way back to the early 20 century, and were used by tradesmen to deliver milk, bread, and other goods in the absence of the automobile. In Copenhagen, Denmark, bike messengers called ‘svajeres’ carted goods all around the city, and nearly every company owned at least one cargo bike to handle their deliveries.
Our Velorbis Short John cargo cycle is a re-make of the original Danish delivery bicycle from the 1930s. This Butcher’s bike was also remade in the 1980s by Danish bike builders Schmidt & Co. (S.C.O). Our Cargo bicycle is 100% made in Germany based on the old craftsmanship of lugged steel frames. This transport bike is a stunning 7 kg (18 lbs) lighter than its predecessor.
This ELECHIC Velorbis electric bicycle comes with a Velorbis eDrive360 electric kit that makes the bike a reliable and powerful electric bike. Velorbis eDrive360 is ideal for your trips from 20-55 km distance (see battery range chart below). The complete system weighs only 4.9 kg. The center-mounted gearless 250w motor is mounted under the crankcase. Due to its construction and location on the bike, the engine provides a special natural riding pleasure and is completely silent. With a power of 250 Watts and a maximum torque of 50 Nm, it supports your pedal capability up to a speed of 25 km / h (legally allowed maximum value for EU countries). Higher speeds can be achieved by using pure muscle power. Since the engine does not have a gearbox, there is no noticeable pedal resistance when the battery is off, so you can still use your bike like a regular bike.
Our Velorbis bottle-shaped ePower designer battery is shaped like a bottle in a delicious chrome finish that matches the other chrome parts on the bike. The Velorbis battery is 36V and has a capacity of 360 WH or 10,6 AH and works based on modern lithium-ion technology. The battery can be locked with a key but also easily removed from the bike and recharged within 3.5 hours with the included 3 AH charger.
- Weight of bicycle including eDrive: 16 kgs – The electric kit weighs only 4.9 kg
- Delivers an output power of 50 Nm for ultimate performance
- Reliable intuitive pedal assistance for a smooth riding experience from a torque sensor
- Powerful 250W Center Motor from Velorbis
- Bottle-shaped designer battery with 360WH / 10,6 AH capacity
- Samsung cells inside the battery
- Charger included with 3AH = charges 0-100% in 3.5 hours
- The lifetime of the battery: 5-600 full battery charges
- Edrive is weather and water-resistant
- Compatible only with freewheel hubs
- Comes with LCD display and 4-speed levels
- Walk-assist function included
- Speed limit 25 km/h
- No noticeable pedaling resistance = Cycles as a normal bike when the battery is turned off
- Battery range: See chart below